Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My blog image - the Rolling Sun

Since the start of The Harvest, I have been using the following image as my profile picture:

This is actually by an artist friend of mine, Joseph McCafferty, who edited a photograph of me into this comic book effect, adding (because I was in Japan at the time) the image of the torii Shinto gates and a schoolgirl from the violent Japanese movie Battle Royale, all over the World War II Rising Sun flag.

For many more examples of Joseph's work, try his DeviantArt profile, MySpace or his blog. A few samples follow:

And finally the man himself: be afraid, be very afraid!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah, cheers Nilan, he is indeed! Joe is my go-to man if I ever want to know anything about comics!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.